Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Catch Up

The days go by so fast I don't know how poeple manage to do blogs every day...
Since I last wrote Ben has been steadily building up the top of the wall to meet the roof all around the porcherie, and Felix has been building stud walls of the bathroom and bedrooms.

We were sent an advert for a quantity of oak boards and various other stuff by a friend, which we followed up and found about 90 lovely, straight, well seasoned oak boards, which we snapped up for a song and also three beds for the gite. So now we are going to use those (boards!) to floor out the bedrooms as opposed to parquet which we had decided on. I think it's going to look really lovely. So Felix has had the lovely task of getting them all planed up and ready, it's a big job...

I have been busy in the garden still sweeping the chestnut mess up, weeding beds, transpanting hundreds of violets and cutting the hedge on the drive (with secateurs!) and trying to fill in the gaps in the hedge with saplings I find on my walks! Still need to get to the veggie patch... I've also got the kids on half term now so have to spend some time with them too!

I'll try and get some pictures tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment