Friday, March 20, 2009

Gardening and Electrics

Nothing very visible has been happening in the porcherie.. Felix has been soldiering on with the wiring, and doing a great job of getting the cables though the stone walls so that there'll be no visible wires or trunking all over the finished walls.

Ben has gone back to England to visit friends family and the dentist for a month.

The kids had two weeks of holidays then Lenni wasn't well on Monday and a strike on Thursday and Carnival this afternoon which meant she only had one and a half days of school this week!

I've been working on the garden, building a stucture for some climbers to fill up the hedge by the drive. I also cut down quite a lot of accacias so that we can see the magnificent beech that we have down the bottom of the garden. I'm really pleased with how it's going but there just aren't enough hours in the day to get it all done.

Today I made a new swing which is big enough for me or two kids! Lola had chewed the ropes through on the old one so this one is oak and chains which should be a bit tougher I think!

The weather for the last few days has been amazingly like summer, I reckon mid twenties (but someone has wondered off with the thermometer so I'm only guessing...) Cooler this evening though, with a freezing wind, which was a bit of a shock to the system.

1 comment: