Wednesday, January 28, 2009

More stairs building and unpointing walls

I'm still struggling with the whole technicalities of mixing photos with the blog, and it takes a certain mood to brave it. Since I last wrote Felix and Ben have steadily been plodding on with the stairs. I "unpointed" the end wall of bedroom number one during the wild winds that swept through the south west of France. I think we got off quite lightly, luckily, but it still seemed very violent. We had over 4 inches of rain this week.
I spent the last couple of days sweeping up the "bogs" and leaves from under the sweet chestnut trees, a huge job which should have been done ages ago. Lola (the labradoodle) has managed to find a lot of ticks so that's been keeping me busy too (you find one, then she moves and you have to rummage about for ages to find it again... oooh they're so gross...)

No comments:

Post a Comment